Leading global producers of beer, wine and spirits have made a collective commitment to build on their long-standing efforts to reduce harmful drinking through the Beer, Wine and Spirits Producers’ Commitments. In recognition of the serious effects that the harmful use of alcohol can have, these producers wish to demonstrate their support of international efforts to improve health and social outcomes for individuals, families and communities through the Commitments.
The 13 CEO signatories and their companies are implementing actions in five key areas over the next five years. The key areas being addressed are:
- Reducing under-age drinking
- Strengthening and expanding marketing codes of practice
- Providing consumer information and responsible product innovation
- Reducing drinking and driving
- Enlisting the support of retailers to reduce harmful drinking
The signatory companies commit to actions in these five areas - many of which have been inspired by best practices in various countries - to strengthen and expand existing efforts and contribute to reducing the harmful use of alcohol in their capacity as producers, distributors, marketers, and sellers of beer, wine, and spirits.